This new course is aimed at those aspiring to use hand tools effectively. Over a weekend you will attach the legs to an arts and crafts style step stool with hand-cut dovetail and add a stretcher that is through mortised into the legs. The protruding through tenon will be cross mortised for a “tusk” tenon which is more stylistic than fictional.
In this intensive weekend you will learn to:
· Use a hand plane to smooth wood.
· Layout and hand-cut through dovetails.
· Layout and hand-cut mortise and tenon joints.
· Sharpen and use your chisels and handplane properly
· Apply an arts and crafts style finish
o Fume the wood with ammonia
o Apply a padded shellac finish
Please join Ernie Conover for this intensive weekend class.