COMPREHENSIVE BASIC WEAVING - 4 & 8 SHAFTS
Your confidence level will soar with all the new-found knowledge gained in this workshop!
Instructor: Susan Conover
Max Enrollment: 4
Price: $550 (includes all instruction time, materials & use of equipment) Students to supply their own lunch. A deposit of $200 is required to secure a spot in this course with the balance due two weeks prior to the course beginning.
Dates Offered:Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5pm; March 16-20, 2020 (1 Spot Remains); July 13-17, 2020 CLASS FULL; September 28-October 2, 2020 CLASS FULL.
Our basic weaving workshop meets from 8:30am to 5pm for five consecutive days. The weaving studio at Conover Workshops includes Schacht Pup and Baby Wolf jack looms as well as Glimåkra counterbalance and countermarch looms. This is an immersion hands-on workshop!
If you desire a solid foundation course in floor loom weaving - this is the course for you. If you have been away from weaving for a bit and need to "refresh" your memory - this also is the course for you. We have enjoyed enrollment in this course from folks throughout North America!
Following are highlights of this comprehensive curriculum:
- Anatomy of the loom: jack, counterbalance and countermarch
- Use of the warping board & warping mill
- Dressing the loom from back to front with the aid of a warping trapeze
- Calculations of warp warp and weft
- Tie-Ups for jack, 4-shaft counterbalance and 8-shaft countermarch looms
- Finishing techniques for your handwovens; including hemstitching on the loom
Students will have an opportunity to weave the following projects during our five days together:
- Calculating the rate of shrinkage after wet finishing
- Two plain weave napkins in 8/2 Egyptian cotton, measuring 18" wide on the loom, 4-shaft
- 8-shaft cottolin warp towels with linen weft, measuring 18" wide on the loom
- Two color gamps; one woven in twill and the other in plain weave in 6/2 Tuna Wool from Sweden, measuring 14" on the loom, 4-shaft
Please note our cancellation policy: Thirty days or more prior to the start date, your deposit/fee is 50% refundable. If you cancel less than thirty days from the course beginning, the deposit/fee is non-refundable. To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org, write or telephone and leave a message on our answering machine. If for any reason we cancel a course, your entire payment will be refunded promptly.